Monday, May 11, 2009

To Be and Not To Do

My niece is graduating college on Friday. It is pretty exciting. She decided to become a teacher and what a teacher she has become. I was able to sit in on a class of hers recently and was struck by her presence...like she has been there forever. A natural.
So it is with great joy that we, her family, are celebrating this weekend.
Maybe we are going overboard with the party but she loves a party. I am the decorating committee.
I have a lot to do this week for be ready for the big event.
And when I woke this morning, I was laying in bed thinking about all the things that I have to do. Sewing some accent table clothes and table runners to go with the white linens, make a handbound book for a scrapbook of her graduation and party, make her gift. I have already taken care of the various clear glass containers that have sprouting wheat grass for the centerpieces. Yeah, it's just a graduation party not a wedding but it is a special day.
I was feeling the weight of my To Do List when I got a great reminder from the Universe and Elyse Hope Killeron.
Instead of looking at what I have to do today, look at who I want to be today.
Today I want to be peace. I am love. I am flow. I am ease. I am joy.
So being Peace, Love, Flow, Ease and Joy, how do I see what I 'have' to do? If I am these things, how would I handle things?
The first thing I found was that I suddenly felt like I have all the time I need. Rush rushed out. The tightness I felt disappeared. I felt good. And now I am actually looking forward to doing these things. Because I am doing them as Peace, Love, Flow, Ease and Joy. I am breathing deeper, filling my BEING with life.
It feels good and it makes a difference. In how I feel. In how I act. In the quality of my now.
From today forward, I will make lists of who I get to be instead of what I have to do.
Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment